The Business School supports the representation of women on all scientific career stages every day, because the number of women in science is still decreasing with an increasing level of qualification. Therefore, existing scientific potential often remains unused. Even though we have already achieved great success, e.g. 50% of female students in our Bachelor's and Master's degree programs, we will not cease in our efforts to achieve the same success in higher qualification levels, too.
Career in science
The Business School and in particular its Equal Opportunity Administrator and Equal Opportunity Advisor want to support female students and doctoral candidates on their scientific career. We would like to offer interested and qualified female applicants long-term perspectives in business research, especially in the transition to the next qualification level - studies/
- PhD Consulting.
- Scholarship programs, for female scientists with children.
- Targeted approach of qualified female students to stimulate applications.
- Research promotion funds to stimulate female students' doctoral projects.*
- Bridge financing for young female scientists at the University of Mannheim.
- “Research fund” for female doctoral students: financial support in the form of auxiliary resources, resources for empirical studies, etc.*
(*Allocation is carried out by the Dean's Office on request of the Chairs)
As a part of the certified “Family-friendly University”, the Business School supports all students and members of the Business School to reconcile family and study or professional life as best as possible. The offers include:
- Flexible working arrangements (flexitime, teleworking).
- Scheduling family-friendly appointments and meetings.
- Flexible study organization for students and other offers of the Studierendenwerk.
- Childcare services in the daycare center of the Studierendenwerk close to the campus.
- Summer camp by a local sports club for school children.
- Parents-child-room: child-friendly offices for parents and children.
- Family-friendly campus: Children's corner at the cafeteria and nursing and baby changing facilites on the university campus.
- Support for employees who care for their relatives.
In order to achieve the above mentioned goals and to create a family-friendly work atmosphere, the Business School and the Equal Opportunity Administrators work together with the Equal Opporunity Office of the University.