Please contact the respective chair directly and ask for information concerning the position as a research assistant or the possibility of an external doctorate. General information can be found below and in the doctoral regulations.
Step 1: Agreement with Supervisor
Together with your supervisor, please fill out the Supervision Agreement. Make copies and send the original to the Dean’s Office, which will present it to the Doctoral Examination committee for acceptance.
Step 2: Requesting admission as a doctoral student
Please submit an admission request to the Dean (informal). Please state your topic (working title) in your letter and hand in the following documents:
- CV (incl. place and date of birth, nationality, phone number, university e-mail)
- Certified copy of Graduate Degree Certificate
- Declaration of consent to data processing
If you fulfil the requirements for acceptance and your Supervision Agreement has been accepted, the Dean's Office sends out a confirmation of acceptance as a doctoral candidate. Please subscribe to the newsletter!
Step 3: Write your thesis
Step 4: Register for the oral examination
After you have successfully completed your thesis, please set a date for the oral examination (defense) of your dissertation with your supervisor and inform the Dean’s Office regarding date, time and location. Submit an informal request to the Dean in good time before the intended defense and hand in the following:
- Registration form for examination
- Hand in one copy of your doctoral dissertation each to the Dean’s Office and your two evaluators. Also hand in an electronic version at the Dean’s Office.
- Declarations in lieu of oath and consent for the plagiarism check
- Confirmation of attendance of 3 mandatory courses of the postgraduate degree course including examinations
After you have successfully applied for the doctoral examination, the Dean’s Office will coordinate the following:
- Acceptance of the doctoral dissertation by the evaluators (section 9 subsection 3 and 4 of the Regulations)
- Public display (2 weeks, if the public display is during the lecture period; 4 weeks, if the public display is during the lecture-free period)
- Acceptance of the doctoral dissertation (if no one objects to it during the display period)
Step 5: Oral examination
Step 6: Request for printing permission of the doctoral dissertation
Please submit a request to the Dean regarding the printing permission of the doctoral dissertation. Together with the request, please hand in the title page of your dissertation (front and back) and a short CV that will be placed at the very back of your thesis (sample). After having received your documents, the Dean's Office will seek written consent of your evaluators. Once these have arrived, the Dean will issue you a printing permission. You can then arrange printing and deliver your mandatory printed copies in DIN A5 format (210 mm x 148 mm) to the Dean's Office. Please note the different ways of publishing.
Please note that all changes on title page and CV need to be approved by your evaluators. Details on number and format of the mandatory copies can be found in your printing permission.
After delivering the mandatory copies, we will send you the official certificate as soon as it is available.
Oliver Tuna Kurtz, M.Sc.
Dean's Office Business School
L 5, 5 – Room 203 (2nd floor)