Study at one of the top business schools in Germany. Besides gaining deep knowledge in business education and business administration, you will develop your social competences and academic working skills through a team-oriented learning and working environment and receive individual feedback.
With my master’s degree in Economic and Business Education, I was able to start my career in the Human Resource department of the Volvo Group in 2014. Today, I am responsible for supporting our managers of the Volvo Group Trucks branch in southern Germany and consult our sales departments all over Germany about personnel topics. My knowledge in the areas of psychology, education and my specialization in Human Resources in the area of business administration are very valuable to my everyday tasks. The methodological and social competences I gained during my studies have enabled me to pursue this career.
- Length of study and program start: 4 semesters (full-time), fall semester (September); potentially also in spring semester in case of unclaimed spots
- Language of Instruction: German, some courses are taught in English
- Application: Between May 15 and July 15 via bewerbung.uni-mannheim.de; in case of unclaimed spots an application is also possible from October 1 to November 15
- Admission requirements: Bachelor’s degree in Economic and Business Education or accredited business or economics related degree along with proof of knowledge equivalent to study content of the bachelor’s degree in Mannheim.
- Selection criteria: Grade of your first degree (usually your bachelor’s degree)
- Internationality: Semester abroad and transfer of credits earned abroad possible
- Fees: € 156.70 per semester, additional tuition fees for non EU/EEA applicants and for a second German degree
- Program structure / content: Module catalog 2017, examination regulations
Required interests and skills
Besides your interest for economic and educational questions as well as in teaching and learning formats at companies and schools, you should bring along a high level of commitment, motivation and discipline. Further, you will require:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economic and Business Education or accepted equivalent business or economics related bachelor’s degree
- At least 120 ECTS points which are equivalent to the study content of the bachelor’s program in Economic and Business Education of the University of Mannheim
- Proof of knowledge of German language
You can find the exact requirements for the program in the selection statutes.
A good grade average in your bachelor’s degree will increase your chances of being accepted to the program.
How to apply
Within 4 to 6 weeks after the application deadline, you will receive notice on your admission via mail or e-mail. Your notification is then accessible via the online portal. Please log into the portal and check your status. In case of a successful application, you will find your official letter of admission online along with all relevant information for your enrollment. You will further receive information on how your first days here in Mannheim will look like. After you have participated in the introductory events in the week prior to the start of the program, you will be able to create your course schedule and familiarize with the examination regulations.
We are happy to advise you on the following questions:
- Information for prospective students
- Planning of course of studies (e.g. in case of a semester abroad)
- Change in module
- Review of potential recognition of achievements/courses, which were taken at a different university in Germany or abroad
Dr. Eva HuintjesProgram Manager Bachelor and Master in Economic and Business Education
Wed 10 a.m. – noon am; please make an appointment here: https://www.terminland.de/wipaed-stuma.uni-mannheim/