Florian Stahl joined the Department of Business Administration at the University of Mannheim, Germany in Fall 2013, as a Professor of Marketing.
Florian Stahl's research interests are primarily in empirical quantitative marketing, business economics and information systems research. Specifically, his research addresses business related questions of the digital economy and, in particular, of online social networks and social media. Further research areas of Florian Stahl are customers' brand and product switching behavior, consumers' intertemporal choice and discounting of future benefits, as well as pricing and sampling of (digital) products. Methodically his research is based on empirical modeling, applied econometrics, Bayesian modeling and experimental studies (laboratory as well as field experiements).
Florian Stahl earned a Masters degree in Economics from the University of Zürich, Switzerland in 2001 and a PhD in Business Economics in 2005 from the University of St. Gallen, Switzerland. Between 2005 and 2008, he was a postdoctoral research fellow at Columbia Business School in New York. Before joining the University of Mannheim Faculty of Business Administration in 2013, he was an Assistant Professor of Quantitative Marketing in the Department of Business Administration at the University of Zürich.
For more information, please downlowd Florian Stahl's Faculty Profile: Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Recent Research Articles
- Asim Ansari, Florian Stahl, Mark Heitmann and Lucas Bremer (2018): “Building a Social Network for Success”, Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. LV (June 2018), 321–338.
- Daniel Halbheer, Florian Stahl, Oded Koenigsberg, Donald R. Lehmann (2013): Choosing a Digital Content Strategy: How Much Should be Free?, in International Journal of Research in Marketing, Vol. 31, Issue 2, Pages 192 - 206.
- Florian Stahl, Mark Heitmann, Donald R. Lehmann and Scott A. Neslin (2012): “Impact of Brand Equity on Customer Acquisition, Retention, and Profit Margin” in Journal of Marketing, Vol. 76 (4), pp. 44-63.
- Asim Ansari, Oded Koenigsberg and Florian Stahl (2011): “Modeling Multiple Relationships in Social Networks” in Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 48 (4), pp. 713-728.
Recent Working Papers
- Verena Schoenmueller, Oded Netzer and Florian Stahl (2018): The Extreme Distribution of Online Reviews: Prevalence, Drivers and Implications, Working Paper;
- Veronica Valli, Florian Stahl, Daniel Bartels (2018): “Time Preferences for Subscriptions: The Impact of Framing Benefits as Price Discounts or Bonus Time”. Working Paper;
- Florian Stahl, Raghuram Iyengar, Yuxin Chen and Andreas Herrmann (2017): “A Latent Change Point Model for Intertemporal Discounting with Reference Durations”. Working Paper
- Cornelia Caprano, Florian Stahl (2017): “Corporate Social Media: Which Impact Have Online Conversations On Corporate Communication Attractiveness?“. Working Paper.