|Lecturer||Prof. Dr. Jana-Rebecca Rehse|
|Type of Course||Seminar|
|Credit Points||6 ECTS (MMM), 4 ECTS (BI)|
Fundamental knowledge in process mining and/|
|Assessment||Seminar thesis (80%) and Presentation (20%)|
|Examination Date||see schedule (below)|
Applications are possible only during the registration period. You may apply for a seminar thesis by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should consist of
|Registration period||01.01. – 13.02.2023 (23:59)|
|Notification of acceptance||15.02.2023 (noon)|
|Deadline for withdrawal||16.02.2023 (noon)|
|Submission of thesis||17.04.2023 (23:59)|
|Submission of presentation||TBD|
The topics for the seminar in FSS 2023 can be found here. Please specify your preferred topics in your application.
In the case that none of the listed topics is of interest to you, you may suggest your own topic. In this case, it is expected that you have sufficient foundational knowledge of this topic and can prove its relevance by means of appropriate literature.
1. Milestone: The aim is to structure and prepare your topic appropriately in the form of an outline. This should contain the following:
– Outline of your work
– Introduction and motivation of the topic
– Description of the research method (Structured Literature Review) and its concrete application to your chosen topic
– (preliminary) bibliography
2. Milestone: The goal is a first draft of the finished manuscript. This should already contain completed text blocks (in the previously determined outline) and literature references. Results and conclusion do not have to be formulated yet.
Seminar thesis should consist of roughly 20 pages (+/- 20%) and be formatted using the LNCS templates. Templates for Word ans LaTeX can be found at https://www.springer.com/gp/computer-science/lncs/conference-proceedings-guidelines.
The available cover sheet must preface the seminar thesis. It must be filled out with all relevant information and the affidavit must be signed,
Presentations should take about 15 minutes (plus 10 minutes discussion) and use the university PowerPoint template.