Are you looking at new digital solutions as part of your thesis? Are you getting top grades and volunteering in your spare time (e.g. for a local club)? Then you should apply for the ZEISS Women Award!
The ZEISS Women Award honors successful young women in IT and serves as a platform to encourage more women to consider a career in the field. If you're a woman currently working on her bachelor's, master's or PhD thesis, then you're eligible to apply. The top three winners will receive staggered cash prizes. The award is sponsored by Mrs. Elke Büdenbender, wife of German President Frank-Walter Steinmeier.
Terms and Conditions
- Are you studying IT, business informatics or a similar subject?
- Are you about to finish your bachelor’s, master’s or “Diplom” degree and are either working on your thesis or awaiting your final grade?
- Have you achieved top grades (German grades ≤ 2.0 or equivalent)
- Do you have innovative ideas up your sleeve, are happy to take the initiative and are dedicated to shaping the digital future?
- Do you do any volunteering (e.g. at a club)?
Then you can submit your application between 1 July and 31 August 2021. The three winners will be selected by a jury composed of successful women from the worlds of science and business. The awards will be presented at an event on 18 October in Dresden, and sponsored by Mrs. Elke Büdenbender.
1st prize: €2,000
2rd prize: €1,000
3rd prize: €500
Please submit the following documents
- Short cover letter (1/2 page)
- Résumé (incl. thesis topic, professor's name)
- Abstract or short description of your thesis topic
- Current grade transcript
Click on the button below to send us your application!