|Verantwortlicher Dozent||Dr. Tobias Schimmer|
|Veranstaltungsart||Vorlesung und Fallstudie|
|Prüfungsform und -umfang||Schriftliche Prüfung (80%) und Fallstudie (20%)|
|Prüfungstermin||- (60 Minuten)|
|Infos für Studierende||
Begrenzte Teilnehmerzahl (64). Registrierung, Zeitplan: Portal2,
Enterprise software development revolves around complex and interdependent software products for different companies, lines of business and industries. For enterprise software companies there is an inherent trade-off between standard software and domain-specific software solutions when it comes to scaling. Software companies thus have to keep track of various heterogeneous and possibly conflicting market requirements that are subject to changes and updates in ever shorter release cycles. This trade-off becomes even more relevant in the context of the current mega trend towards cloud-based delivery of enterprise software. However, it is essential for every enterprise software company to be able to build meaningful solutions efficiently, i.e. building right things right.
To be able to do so in the long run, software companies have been elaborating good practices to ensure both innovative product ideas and efficient development processes. However, the larger the software companies the more elaborate corporate standards and processes have been established – often hindering innovation. In order to address the innovators’ dilemma, Business Model Innovation, Design Thinking, Lean Management and Agile Software Engineering practices are adopted and intertwined in large-scale software development organizations.
The goal of this lecture is to convey profound industry experience and academic background paired with its practical application based on concrete enterprise software challenges in the parallel IS 613 project (combining this lecture with the project is highly recommended). The course includes lecture and full-day workshop formats.
- Understand current issues and challenges involved in enterprise software development
- Understand and apply large-scale agile development based on lean principles
- Understand and apply Design Thinking and Business Model Innovation practices
- Understand and evaluate business models for enterprise software companies and products
- Understand and apply how to bring all of this together in a large-scale corporate environment
- Understand and evaluate state of the art agile software engineering practices
- Understand and explain particular success strategies recommended by practitioners
- Understand how to build a start-up and scale a software company towards an enterprise
Dozent Dr. Tobias Schimmer Hinweis Participating in IS 613 is highly recommended, but no formal prerequisite. Adresse Workshop Dietmar-Hopp-Allee 20, Walldorf, Internationales Schulungszentrum (Gebäude WDF05)
Bitte drucken Sie den QR-Code für den Eintritt aus.
Anfahrt bspw. mit S-Bahn nach Walldorf und dem Bus 707/721 weiter zum Schulungszentrum.
Datum Uhrzeit Thema Raum tba tba Kick-Off L 9, 1-2 - 001 tba tba Workshop Design Thinking SAP in Walldorf tba tba Workshop Business Model Development SAP in Walldorf tba tba Workshop Lean Development & Scrum SAP in St. Leon-Rot Building ROT15 tba tba Microsoft Guest Lecture L 9, 1-2, Room 001 tba tba Final Presentation SAP in St. Leon-Rot tba tba Exam A5, 6, Building B, Room B 243